lørdag 17. juli 2010

Update from Medellín





Hello everyone, it´s about time for an update. It´s saturday, the sun is shining, which means that the rain will take over sometime during the afternoon. Been living with a friend for 2 weeks now, and I like it, alltough the traffic makes me wake up early everyday of the week. Have completed 3 weeks of spanishlessons now, which means that I have just one week left. The plan for next week is to go to Bogotá to visit some friends there and first of all also to obtain the important studentvisa I need for the next 6 months. I could arrange it from here, but it would cost me 150 - 200 U$, so for the same money I can do this trip and have something like a vacation. Uni starts around 2. august, thus I will have some 10 days free between spanishcourse and the semestre at the uni. I could probably write several pages, but will try to keep it short, I know how boring long blogs can be. For those who know me well know that I´m fond of biking. After realizing that it would be impossible to obtain a secod hand one, I decided to order a new one. I found a store where they sold XXL sizes, the only place in town as far as I know. I will hopefully receive it in a few days, in the colors blue and grey. My biking clothes can´t wait to get out of the closet and get useful.

Just to finish about the weather; it´s supposed to be summer here right now, but it´s still raining a lot, and according to the locals, it is freezing cold (18-25 centigrades).

Well, yeah, I had my birthday one week ago. Since my roommate had his birthday the day after mine, we arranged to celebrate them together, so we invited friends from the Blacksheep Hostal which I´ve stayed in and also friends whom which I met at the university here. It was a good night and we went to a bar.

Other things that have happened: Got stopped by the police and searched. Since my friend had something illegal amongst his cigarettes, in the end he ended up 25 U$ poorer, but without having to go to the police station, something which they ofcourse threatened with. The following day, whilst waiting for a girlfriend, I observed to guys coming to the Metro station, one of them bleeding from a knifewound on his stummick. Not enough to scare me away from this beautiful city though. The pics added here are from the birthdayparty.

Feel free to comment or write me, I would love to hear from my friends how they are doing in their life.

My number here is: (+57) 3152449313 and I´m also available on Skype. Looking foreward to hear from you.

1 kommentar:

  1. Dude, hve med noen flere oppdateringer? Skjønner at du har flyttet? Hvor da, alene?

    SvarSlett