mandag 11. februar 2013

New year, new exchange in Medellin

Hi everyone.

Like earlier, this blog will be written in English, for obvious reasons. After my stay in Medellin between 2010 and 2011, I went back to Norway to finish my bachelor degree in arts. Since august 2012 I have been busy with my master´s degree in latin-american studies, and that´s why I´m now back in Medellin for another semester. I have now been here for three weeks, time which I have spent on working, doing paperwork, spending time with the girlfriend and looking for a place to stay. I can tell you that I´m renting a room close to the university, where there are four other men living as well, one of them has a hairdresser business here as well. Now I have my second week at uni, and I´m working on sorting out what I´m gonna study for the next months. It looks like that I´m going to take subjects within history and urban and regional studies. I have signed up for swimming classes (butterfly) and will probably start all over again with salsa classes. I have also been given back my bike which a friend of mine was so kindly to store for me since I studied here for two years ago, so things are working out. It´s usually quite sunny here, with 20-25 degrees celsius, but lately it has been raining quite a lot. When it rains, it really gets wet.... The rain is tropical and is called for "aguacero" in Spanish. The equivalent in English would be "it´s raining cats and dogs". Since last time there have been quite some changes in the city, They have extended the metro system, and there are new buildings popping up everywhere in town. This time there are also more foreigners at the uni. I think we actually are four Norwegians there this semester. At least I will have some people with whom to celebrate the Norwegian national day. Enough said. Pictures will be uploaded when they are taken.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar